How To Take Care Of Your Pearls
Most of us wear cultured pearls and these beautiful pieces of jewelry need to be cared for properly.
Caring for your pearls
• Pearls should be put on after perfumes, makeup, and hairspray is applied.
• You should avoid putting perfume or lotions in the area where you will be wearing your pearls.
• Wipe your pearls with a soft, lint-free cloth as soon as you take them off.
• Pearls should be stored in a soft pouch or stored separately from other jewelry so they do not get scratched.
• If your pearls get dirty, you can use a dampened soft lint-free cloth to remove any dirt. Allow the pearls to air dry before putting them away.
• Never clean your pearls with any solutions that contain ammonia or harsh detergents.
• Don’t put pearls in an ultrasonic cleaner.
• Wearing your pearls often is good! Pearls absorb the natural oils from your skin which gives them a beautiful luster.